Saw a couple things of note. Wendover Will, the World's Largest Cowboy, was in West Wendover, NV. That town is the last casino town on I-80 headed out of Nevada. Then as soon as we entered Nevada, the landscape changed dramatically. White land as far as you can see. We had just come upon the Great Salt Flats of Utah. So cool, and I had no idea what that would look like. The land was so bright white that the mountains in the distance reflected off of it. Then a random piece of art along the highway. It's called the Metaphor: Tree of Utah. A Sweedish artist apparently made it for Utah to bring bold color and beauty to the stark, flat, salty landscape. Doesn't really do much as far as beautifying the area if you ask me...but A plus for trying I guess.
I think we may explore Salt Lake City for a bit tomorrow. Maybe check out where the Olympics were or something. But mostly tomorrow is going to be dedicated to heading North to Yellowstone area. Now for rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment